A Musical Theatre and Singing Workshop
For 5th-12th Grades
When: May 14-15 10am-4pm
Where: Vocal Mastery Studios 9201 Harrington Drive, Potomac, MD 20854
Our Musical Theatre Workshop is designed for students in middle and high school performing arts programs. Performing and preparing for auditions can be both exciting and daunting. A performer is evaluated differently by every director. Our program is designed to help our students take ownership of their talent and audition and to forge ahead with confidence. In this two day intensive, we cover a range of topics including: song selection, audition technique, elevating your voice to a new level, and building self-confidence by curbing fear and doubt.
- Build Confidence: Learn about 'Performance Mode' - the ability to incorporate direction and criticism into your performance and avoid tension in the throat. Look forward to auditioning.
- Build Voices: Strengthen your sound, increase your range, develop your head and belt voices. Learn the Commands for singing and acting that will give your voice strength and endurance. Find the optimal function of your voice.
- Act Like You Love It: Learn how to replace nerves with a focus on your skills.
- Learn from Experience: Receive honest and helpful feedback about your skills, have the opportunity to watch and critique others. Learn from directing and creating your own work – all in a safe and supportive environment.
- Hear from the Pros: Take part in Q&As with professional directors and actors from Broadway, DC, and national theater productions!